To me, a perfect summer pow wow is not complete without a little sunshine, salt water, fresh fruit, and chips and guac. But here’s my thing: guac always steals the spotlight. Don’t get me wrong – love me some guac. But I do believe salsa has untapped potential not to be overlooked.
This versatile, summery salsa recipe is basically a fiesta in a jar, a perfect partner in crime for your killer guac, and works with chips, in bowls, salads, wraps – the possibilities are endless! Bright, summery and super simple to whip up, you can swap in and out with whatever fruits and veggies you have on hand. My advice is always to go the “mise en place” route and have all the ingredients out and ready to chop away.
Chop, season, toss. That’s it! Now grab your towels, cooler and favorite chips, and you’re ready to hit the PEACH.
Summer Peach Salsa
Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 0 min Total Time: 15 min
Serves: approx. 1 mason jar (2 cups)
- 1 medium yellow peach
- 1 medium tomato (or 2-3 little tomatoes)
- 1-2 persian cucumbers
- 1/8 medium red onion (or 2-3 Tbsp chopped)
- small handful of cilantro (~ 1/4 c loosely packed)
- juice of ½ lime
- salt, pepper, optional paprika to taste
- optional: 2 Tbsp chopped jalapeno (or habanero for the brave of heart)
- Dice the peach, tomato, and cucumber into about 1/4” pieces. Finely chop the onion, cilantro*, and pepper of choice if using.
- Toss in a large bowl.
- Squeeze lime juice on top (watch the seeds!). Season as desired.
- Toss together.
*Note: Best tip I ever got was to bunch up your herbs in a tight little ball to make chopping easier.